Thursday, December 27, 2012

Favorite Records of 2012

1.  Dr. John - Locked Down
Easily my favorite of the year. One of Dr John’s best ever. His live show with this material was spectacular.

2.  Farrar, Johnson, Parker, Yames - New Multitudes lyrics by Woody Guthrie

3.  Dylan - Tempest
Dylan’s best of his last few records.

4.  Bettye LaVette - Thankful N’ Thoughtful
The version of Savoy Brown’s I’m Tired is great.

5.  Alabama Shakes - Boys & Girls

6.  Jack White - Blunderbuss
Cool version of Little Willie John’s I’m Shakin’

7.  Calexico - Algiers

8.  Neil Young - Americana
This was a big surprise. After reading the pre-release publicity I thought I’d hate it. The song list sounded like a Burl Ives record. But it is true blue Crazy Horse.

9.  Van Morrison - No Plan B

10.  Magnolia Mountain - Town and Country

No comments: